SUR: Sunset and Dolphins Trip (Part 2)

Johan & Margaretha, Suriname

As mentioned in the previous post, one of the activities that my BFF and I experienced during the boat trip organised by Orange Travel was exploring a small, peaceful coastal village. It's home to a few hundreds of citizens, most of whom are of Javanese and East Indian origin.


After spending some time spotting Guianese dolphins, we were dropped off at Johan & Margaretha. Such a fanciful name for a village, eh?



Even though turtles are my most favourite animal, I've never seen them nesting before in person. 
Who could say no to more food? 


From left to right: loempia (lit. spring rolls), bara (Indian deep-fried fritters made of ground lentils and spices) and baka bana (lit. fried bananas)


It's interesting to know that the locals eat baka bana with spicy peanut sauce.
After stuffing ourselves, we began our simple trek through the village.


Life seems to be so peaceful there~


I spotted a fake turtle made of tires in front of the school.
Nature has provided us with colours in our lives, so let's enjoy them while we can.

I'm not sure if I've said this before, but actually I can't really stand ants.


That was the most beautiful banana blossom I've ever seen thus far.


A few people followed our footsteps to venture further.


The weather was so cooling after the rain earlier.


I miss playing Harvest Moon.

We were told earlier by our guide that we may want to walk to a plantation called Frederiksdorp. He warned us that there'd be lots of mosquitoes though.


True enough, we were attacked by lots of huge mosquitoes who weren't scared of insect repellent lotion.


We managed to reach the other pier. Mission accomplished!
From there, we walked back to the village. I lost it when I saw two cute puppies and decided to play with them before we departed.



After spending close to an hour there, it was time to say goodbye.


Thank you for the memories.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls