GUY: Cheddi Jagan International Airport

Timehri, Guyana

Formerly called Timehri International Airport, Cheddi Jagan International Airport is situated roughly 41 km south of Georgetown, the capital city of Guyana. It's named after the fourth president of the country, who is regarded by many as the "Father of the Nation".


As we had to catch an early morning flight at 5.45am, my BFF and I left Brandsville Hotel at around 2.15am. Look at how dark it was when we left Georgetown.


We were surprised to see quite a large number of people when we reached the temporary terminal building.

Our flight, BW484, would stop at Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago before flying to Miami, the USA.

The queue was moving rather slowly.

For the first time in my life, I was asked by an immigration officer whether I adopted a new name for myself. I wasn't surprised at all though. In fact, I've been expecting such a question all these while, and it finally appeared. Anyway, I didn't have an issue getting clearance from him.


Interested in getting some El Dorado rum for your family and/or friends?

The lounge is supposed to operate from 3.00am to 11.00pm, but I doubt it was opened that morning.
We waited at a waiting area decorated with lots of small flags.


You can still have a sip of El Dorado rum before flying off if you wish.

I donated my remaining Guyanese dollars to the Rotary Club of Georgetown.
To end off this post, I shall reveal our disappointment for not being able to visit Kaieteur Falls, which is the world's largest single drop waterfall by the volume of water flowing over it. While it's possible to reach there overland, the fastest way is to take a charter flight that requires a minimum of twelve passengers. It was unfortunate that we weren't able to secure a flight due to the limited number of tourists who were interested to go there. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever have the opportunity to visit Guyana again.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls