FRA: Air France AF209 & AF1340 (Economy)

[AF209]
SXM-CDG (8h 20m)
Airbus 330-200
ETD: 3.45pm (GMT - 4)
ETA: 6.05am (GMT + 2)

It's been two years since I last flew with Air France when it decided to end its fifth freedom service between Singapore and Jakarta, Indonesia. The last time I had its long-haul flight, however, was six years ago. Last June, there was only one flight per week from Sint Maarten to Paris, France and vice versa.


I believe the flight that day was filled to the brim.


The queue to get to the bus was moving pretty slowly.


Hello, American Airlines! It's been a while!


My BFF and I sat all the way at the back of the Economy Class cabin.


Old school In-Flight Entertainment (IFE)~


I didn't use the blanket throughout the flight.
It was really stuffy before the aircraft took off to the point that the captain had to make an announcement to apologise for the situation, mentioning that it'd only get cooler after taking off. Following which, the safety demonstration video was shown.


By the end of the video, all of us couldn't wait for the aircraft to take off.

As you can see, the window wasn't spotless.

See you, Sint Maarten! I promise I'll be back!

It finally got cooler once we took to the skies. Feeling comfortable, I decided to watch Ferdinand as I didn't manage to catch it last year at the cinema. 


It received a nomination for Best Animated Feature at the 90th Academy Awards, but lost to Coco.

Dinner was served about an hour and a half into the flight. Read here for the review.


Dinner main course #1: Chicken Stew with Mashed Potatoes
Dinner main course #2: Salmon Penne

The cabin lights were switched off once the meal service ended. Even with a rather limited recline, I managed to catch a bit of nap.



I went to the galley twice to get some Coca-Cola Zero to quench my thirst.
Time for toilet inspection!



A simple breakfast was served approximately an hour and a half before landing. After that, I spent the rest of the time playing some games. At this point of time, I shall say that the cabin crew in charge of the rear cabin were truly amiable, clearly enjoying their job. Twice I had a conversation with one of them who is so motherly.

Breakfast: Bun, Croissant and Fruit Compote

I miss Lyon so much~

Pikachu said in excitement, "Paris, here I come!" (o^^o)


We parked next to Middle East Airlines, the flag carrier of Lebanon.

Anyway, we were only transiting at Charles de Gaulle Airport though. Frankly speaking, I only brought Melon with me to France six years ago. Sorry, Pikachu!


I love that part of the terminal building.

[AF1340]
CDG-AMS (1h 25m)
Airbus 321
ETD: 8.05am (GMT + 2)
ETA: 9.30am (GMT + 2)

Flight AF1340 was supposed to depart for Amsterdam, the Netherlands at 8.05am, but boarding only commenced at 8.10am due to operational reasons.


I had an aisle seat, while my BFF had a window seat somewhere. 

I prefer winter to summer though. Just saying~
As mentioned in the post in my food blog, I enjoyed my croissant and coffee.


We reached the baggage reclaim area of Schiphol Airport at 10.15am.


We'd wanted to book a connecting flight to Brussels, Belgium instead. However, as our first flight was from Amsterdam to Willemstad, Curaçao, the multi-city booking somehow only allowed us to return to Amsterdam from Sint Maarten.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls