HKG: Cathay Pacific CX855 (Business)

YVR-HKG (13h 20m)
Airbus 350-900
ETD: 9.40am (GMT - 7)
ETA: 2.00pm (GMT + 8)

I really had a blast in Canada, the country I thought I'd be settling down in when I was younger. Well, I'm certainly looking forward to exploring beyond British Columbia and Alberta. I flew back to Hong Kong in one of Cathay Pacific's Airbus 350-900 aircraft. It was my second time onboard its modern equipment, the first being a few years ago from Hong Kong to Jakarta, Indonesia.


---


---

After having a good breakfast at Cathay Pacific Lounge, my BFF and I made our way to Gate D64. Boarding started about 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time.



It wasn't too long ago that I found out that Financial Times is actually owned by Nikkei Inc.
The Business Class cabin in the aircraft is divided into two. We chose to dwell in the smaller section for the flight.


The smaller section houses 8 out of the 38 Business Class seats.

I really hope peace will return to Hong Kong soon. It's one of my most favourite destinations.

Let's check out the stuff on the seat.



Bose noise-cancelling headphone


I can't wait for my next trek in Hong Kong.


A glass of orange juice was what I needed upon sitting comfortably on my seat. It was accompanied by a hot towel.


Once the boarding process was completed, the safety demonstration video was shown.



See you again, Canada!


Taxiing to the runway~


I haven't concretised my plan yet, but I'm already thinking of going to Toronto next year.
While waiting for breakfast to be served, I watched an old show titled 'Babe'. I'd heard about the show that's centred around a talking pig, but it took me so long until I finally watched it.


Still another 12 hours or so! I was hoping for the flight not to end too quickly.

The show was a Box Office success when it came out in 1995.
One of the flight attendants had taken my order earlier.



A Seattle-based chef, Renee Erickson won the 2016 James Beard Award for Best Chef: Northwest.
Find out about the quality of the onboard meals in my food blog.


Breakfast main course #1: Fried Noodle and Cod and Shrimp Congee
Breakfast main course #2: Ham and Cheese Frittata

Another hot towel was given out after breakfast.


Time for lavatory check! It was sleek and clean.



If you ask me, I also don't know why is this a mandatory shot.
While letting the food to digest before going for a nap, I watched two shows: China from Above that feaatures the amazing Red Beach in Panjin of the Liaoning province and The Travel Show that features Johannesburg, South Africa when it celebrated the 100th anniversary of the birth of Nelson Mandela in 2018.



Still not feeling sleepy, I decided to play 2048. One of the assignments that I had to do during the training course for me to be able to teach Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level Computing was to program the game. I can't decide whether that assignment or the game itself is more challenging.


I eventually managed to catch a nap for at most 3 hours.


We were above Russia when I woke up.



I went to the galley to grab some snacks and a drink. The name of the airline's signature alcoholic drink is Pacific Sunrise.



Who loves Peppa Pig?


How many of you can remember what that equation is all about?
The cabin lights were turned on when it was about 5 hours away from our destination. Roasted almonds and cashew nuts were served along with beverages.



I was looking forward to lunch, but it wasn't that good.


Lunch main course #1: Pork Spare Ribs with Egg Fried Rice
Lunch main course #2: Grilled Canadian Beef Fillet


I spent the last 2.5 hours playing some random games and resting my eyes. Soon enough, we were about to land at Hong Kong International Airport.

Flying over Beijing, China~

I've actually been going to Hong Kong annually since 2012.

At 1.40pm, the engine was stopped. It was time for another transit at Hong Kong International Airport.


As our next flight was delayed by an hour and 15 minutes, we had a slightly longer transit time. I didn't really mind that though.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls