QAT: Qatar Airways QR956 (Business)

DOH-CGK (8h 50m)
Boeing 787-8
ETD: 1.55am (GMT + 3) 
ETA: 2.45pm (GMT + 7)

Qatar Airways has been named the World's Best Airline for the fifth time at this year's Paris Air Show that took place from 17 to 24 June 2019. On top of that, it also clinched the top spot in the World’s Best Business Class category. BTW, have you ever flown on the National Day of the country of the airline?


After having a fantastic time at Al Mourjan Business Lounge, my BFF and I made our way to Gate E20. Little did we know that we'd be boarding the plane without the use of an jet bridge.


We waited for a long time for the separate bus to carry Business Class passengers.


Hello again, Dreamliner!

Since I also flew in Boeing 787-8 for the previous flight, I didn't really take photos of the seat features and other similar stuff, including the lavatory, so you won't see a photo of me in front of a mirror in this post. Haha...



There was a special dessert dish served onboard in conjunction with Qatar's National Day.


It was way too big for me, but I didn't ask for a smaller size since I wasn't planning to wear it.
Each passenger was also handed a set of postcards in conjunction with Qatar's National Day. I wonder if Economy Class passengers also received something.



After settling down on my seat, I had a refreshing moment with rosé champagne and hot towel.


After take-off, I watched The Incredibles 2, accompanied by a lovely glass of dessert wine and roasted nuts.



I had a quick supper before attempting to go to bed. For more information, do visit my food blog.


Supper main course: Aubergine Tortellini with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce


"Mr. Anderson, would you like a hot towel or a cold towel?" I opted for the former after my table had been cleared.


Qatar Airways offers complimentary Wi-Fi for 30 minutes per device. The connection was pretty much stable, allowing me to chat with my family and friends.


Pikachu and Melon continued watching The Incredibles 2 till the end.


I managed to sleep for 2 hours. When I woke up, the gregarious flight attendant that had been attending to me since the beginning of the flight immediately asked me if I'd like to have a drink. I opted for orange juice to go with an orange and a packet of tomato-flavoured bruschetta snack that I took from the snack bar.



I didn't want to have breakfast until my BFF woke up, so I decided to explore the In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) and watch a few food shows.



Kakavia is Greek fish soup.

Not wanting to miss out, we had full breakfast. Those who want to maximise their sleep may opt for express breakfast service comprising pastry with coffee or tea.



Breakfast main course #1: Traditional Arabic Breakfast
Breakfast main course #2: Beef Congee

At the end of it, I requested for a cold towel. Each passenger was also given a small packet of mint.


I continued using the IFE until I couldn't use it anymore prior to landing.



As usual, it took ages for luggage to appear at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta.


I really commend the professional and warm flight attendant for going all out in ensuring that I enjoyed my flight. I didn't expect that she'd thank me for being so polite whenever requesting for anything from her. I certainly hope that I'll see her again someday.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls