TRY: WOW Airport Hotel

15 Ataturk Street, Istanbul, Turkey

Ever since the closure of Istanbul Ataturk Airport to scheduled passenger flights, I suppose business at both WOW Istanbul Hotel (5*) and WOW Airport Hotel (4*) must've been hit quite a bit. However, they are still convenient for those who need to go to the nearby Istanbul World Trade Centre, Istanbul Convention Centre and CNR Expo Centre.


From downtown, my BFF, my sister and I took the metro to DTM - Istanbul Fuar Merkezi station, which within walking distance to the hotel.

It was a cloudy evening and it rained in the middle of the night.

The staff members I encountered throughout my short stay were professional, but could smile more.

The lobby area isn't as big as that of WOW Istanbul Hotel, but it looks pretty sleek. 

My sister followed me to the hotel to spend a bit more time with me before I flew off the next day.

The Lobby Bar & Café is open daily from 8.00am to 3.00am.

Let's go up to the 10th floor.



Compared to WOW Istanbul Hotel that offers standard rooms, executive rooms and a suite, all the rooms at WOW Airport Hotel are standard rooms. The latter has got 360 of them.

The room arrangement is similar to its counterpart at WOW Istanbul Hotel.


The safe deposit box looks older though.


Seeing Efes Beer reminded of the days when I visited Ephesus, an ancient Greek city in Turkey.
WOW Airport Hotel isn't as generous as its sister hotel in giving toiletries.



Below are two photos of the view from the room.



Take a look at what I had for dinner, which I bought at a bakery near Galata Tower.


If you're keen, the hotel offers spa service.


That was actually my second time staying at WOW Airport Hotel. I didn't have breakfast there the first time round. Click here to see what I had from the buffet line.



It seems like both hotels cook lentil soup every morning.


That machine dispenses coffee, tea and hot water.

Given the distance from the new Istanbul Airport, I wonder if I'll ever stay at any of these two hotels again.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls