VIE: Vietnam Airlines VN592 (Business)

HAN-HKG (2h 5m)
Airbus 321
ETD: 10.25am (GMT + 7) 
ETA: 1.30pm (GMT + 8)

It was time for my second flight with the flag carrier of Vietnam in the Business Class cabin, the first being onboard VN661 from Hanoi, Vietnam to Singapore in late 2014. Till date, I've never flown with any other Vietnam Airlines' aircraft but Airbus 321, thus I've never had the chance to try its personal IFE (In-Flight Entertainment).


---

VIE: Vietnam Airlines VN662 (Economy)
VIE: Noi Bai Airport Hotel
VIE: Noi Bai International Airport
VIE: Song Hong Business Lounge @ Noi Bai International Airport
VIE: Vietnam Airlines VN592 (Business) <YOU ARE HERE!>
HKG: The Bridge @ Hong Kong International Airport
HKG: Cathay Pacific CX810 (Business)

---

Have you heard about the error fares published by Cathay Pacific? That's the reason why my BFF and I flew to Hanoi. Upon knowing about it, we decided to try our luck in booking our flight tickets from Hanoi to Vancouver, Canada via Hong Kong. Never would I've imagined that the airline would honour the booking.

VN592 is codeshared with CX1790.


The Business Class cabin, which was served by two ever-cheerful female flight attendants, was 100% occupied that morning.


When the latest female flight attendant uniform was rolled out in 2015, it was met with lots of criticism.
What's your opinion about it?


My shoes have been through lots of trekking.


Hot towels were handed out first, followed by welcome drinks.



Reading materials and menu booklets were then distributed. I took a local newspaper to occupy myself during the flight.



The safety demonstration video was shown on the overhead screens. After that, the aircraft took off without having to queue for too long at the runway.



Lunch service began shortly.

Main course #1: Garoupa in Black Soya Sauce with Rice
Main course #1: Russian Style Chicken in Cream Sauce with Italian Noodle
I can't remember exactly the title of the show shown during the flight, but it's similar to Just for Laughs: Gags.


No special touch was seen in the Business Class lavatory.



I wonder how many mirror selfies have I taken while flying?
As we were descending into Hong Kong, the flight attendant distributed hot towels one more time.


It was going to be my first time transitting at Hong Kong International Airport.



Given the biggest political crisis Hong Kong is facing at the point of writing, I sincerely hope that peace will return to the territory soon.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls