QAT: Qatar Airways QR240 (Business)

IST-DOH (4h 5m)
Boeing 787-8
ETD: 1.35pm (GMT + 3) 
ETA: 5.40pm (GMT + 3)

As a recap, my journey to the Middle East and Africa last year began with Qatar Airways QR957 in the Economy Class that brought me to Qatar, Doha from Jakarta, Indonesia. Thanks to quite a good deal that I managed to get, I had the chance to fly in the Business Class for the return trip.


It's not necessary, but there wasn't a carpet at the Business Class check-in counter.



After spending enough time at Millennium Lounge, my BFF and I walked around at the transit area of Istanbul Ataturk Airport for the very last time before going to the boarding gate.



A Boeing 787-8 aircraft consumes 20% less fuel compared to similar-sized aircraft.
There are 22 lie-flat seats in the Business Class cabin.



Each seat has a pitch of 50" (127 cm) and a width of 22" (55.88 cm).


I was seated at 2E towards the front of the cabin.

After taking a newspaper from one of the flight attendants who went around to offer reading materials, I started to look at the items available on the seat. 

Founded in 1978, Gulf Times is one of the three English language newspapers in Qatar.


Very airy pillow and blanket!


For the welcome drink, I had a chilled glass of lemonade with mint. I was also asked whether I'd like to have a hot towel or a cold towel, to which I answered the latter.


While waiting for the boarding process to be completed, a flight attendant asked me what'd I like to drink after take-off and took my order for the meal service. After the safety video was shown, we took to the skies on time.


Did you know that Qatar Airways is the first airline to serve So Jennie, a non-alcoholic rosé wine counterpart? I had a glass of it after take-off.



While waiting for the late lunch to be served, I watched Travel Man: 48 Hours in Hong Kong.



I really miss those deep-fried large intestine skewers.
I love the dedicated space for champagne, snacks and reading materials towards the rear of the cabin.



I visited the lavatory before the meal service commenced.



I guess I was the first person to use that lavatory since the paper toilet seat cover was still there.
As usual, I'd like to direct you to the post in my food blog for more details of the meal service. Let's take a look at the Western appetiser and main course first.



Main course #1: Seared Fillet of Fish with Lemon and Spring Vegetable Sauce
Next up are the Middle Eastern appetiser and main course.


Main course #2: Arabic Spiced Chicken Kabsa with Rice
Cheese, dessert and drinks then followed. I'd initially wanted to skip the cheese plate, but the one and only male flight attendant serving the cabin would really like me to try it as well, so I obliged.

Do you like blue cheese?

The acidic freshness of the berries were accentuated by the rose water syrup.

After the table cloth had been removed, I was handed a box of Godiva pralines. I requested for a hot towel at the end of the meal.



The cabin lights were dimmed to allow passengers to relax.



When was the last time you played Tetris?
The sun was setting as we were approaching Doha.



After leaving the aircraft, we made our way to the transfer area and cleared security screening in no time.


Thus began the 8-hour layover at Hamad International Airport in Doha.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls