VIE: Vietnam Airlines VN662 (Economy) - 2nd

SIN-HAN (3h 20m)
Airbus 321
ETD: 3.50pm (GMT + 8) 
ETA: 6.10pm (GMT + 7)

Welcome to another series of my travel posts! I dropped a very subtle hint in the form of a photo of a leaf that looks somewhat like a maple leaf in one of my earlier posts. My June 2019 trip to Canada began with an uneventful flight with Vietnam Airlines VN662 from Singapore to Hanoi, Vietnam. 


---

VIE: Vietnam Airlines VN662 (Economy) <YOU ARE HERE!>
VIE: Noi Bai Airport Hotel
VIE: Noi Bai International Airport
VIE: Song Hong Business Lounge @ Noi Bai International Airport
VIE: Vietnam Airlines VN592 (Business)
HKG: The Bridge @ Hong Kong International Airport
HKG: Cathay Pacific CX810 (Business)

---

That was my very first time departing from Terminal 4 of the world's best airport that's none other than Changi Airport.


After exploring the terminal that was declared open on 31 October 2017, my BFF and I made our way to Gate G5. I'll definitely come up with a separate post on Changi Airport one day.



I really love the colour of Vietnam Airlines' aircraft body. <3
Little did we know that we were assigned seats next to one of the emergency doors on the right-hand side of the cabin.

Five years ago, I flew on the same flight number for a short getaway in Hanoi.


More than 100% extra legroom! :D


Watching the safety demonstration video somehow reminded me of Singapore Airlines' rendition.


As the aircraft isn't equipped with personal In-Flight Entertainment (IFE), I decided to scrutinise the inflight shopping catalogue after take-off.


Any secret ingredients from the ancient pyramids? :P
I've written about the onboard meal, which was nothing special, in my food blog.


Main course #1: Stir-Fried Beef with Rice
Main course #2: Creamy Chicken with Mashed Potatoes
Raise your hand if you're a fan of Aquaman. The movie ended just before the captain made an announcement to the flight attendants to prepare for landing.


I had the chance to inspect the lavatory.

A roll of tissue placed at a rather odd spot...


One of the male flight attendants was seated next to me after take-off and before landing. The latter was when I noticed the lotus symbol of the airline imprinted on his long-sleeve shirt.


When we arrived, there was a bit of an issue with the passport reader machines at some of the immigration counters. As such, the queues were moving rather slowly. Even so, we still had to wait for our luggage to appear when we arrived at the baggage reclaim area.


I wonder if the airline is going to assign A350-900 aircraft for the Singapore-Hanoi route anytime soon? It's already done so for the Singapore-Ho Chi Minh City route.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls