JPN: Tenku Yubo Seikaiso

3-14-3 Kitahama, Beppu, Oita, Japan

As far as possible, I always try to stay at least one night in a Japanese style room whenever I'm travelling in the Land of the Rising Sun. I managed to book such a room facing Beppu Bay at Tenku Yubo Seikaiso (3*), which is a 10-minute walk from Beppu railway station.

We arrived at the hotel after visiting the Seven Hells of Beppu, which shall be the topic for the next post.

The hotel has got a total of 28 guest rooms.


The lobby area is rather elegant, isn't it?

Upon check-in, besides letting the staff know what time we'd be having breakfast the next day, my BFFs and I also booked a private open-air bath at 9.00pm. I shall elaborate more on that later. 

We were assigned to a room on the fourth floor.


Welcome to our comfortable Japanese style room!


Do you like sleeping on futon (Japanese mattress and duvet)?


Thin wafer biscuits filled with kabosu (a kind of citrus fruit) cream, anyone?


Let's check out the toilet and the bathroom.

I like the design of the eco-friendly toilet bowl. After flushing, you can wash your hands
with the clean water that shall be reused for the subsequent flush.

The bathroom is a tad gloomy.

After having dinner outside and visiting a quiet shopping mall, it was time to go to the topmost floor of the hotel to soak ourselves in hot spring water. 

There are four private open-air bath spaces, which are available from 12 noon to 10.00pm daily.



Renting the bath space costs ¥1,000 (~S$12.45) per session, which lasts for 45 minutes, for hotel guests. It's double the price for those not staying at the hotel. There's also a hot spring tax of ¥250 (~S$3.10) per person.



Even though we couldn't see the sea from up there since it was way too dark, we truly enjoyed the bath that made our skin so smooth and supple.

The temperature that evening was about 8 degree Celsius.



There's also a public bath on the sixth floor. It's open almost throughout, except from 9.30am to 12 noon for cleaning and maintenance.


The local oldies were having a hard time trying to decipher what's written on the plaque.



How about Coca-Cola Energy for a caffeine boost?
Apparently, it's just been introduced in the USA in January 2020.
It'd been so long since I had a very deep sleep. 



After freshening ourselves up, we were headed to the second floor for breakfast, which I've written about in my food blog.


No, I didn't drink any of those alcoholic beverages at breakfast.
 


Itadakimasu~
The literal meaning of that phrase is 'to humbly receive'.
Even though it was short, I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel.


Since I didn't book the half board plan, I can't comment on the dinner served at the hotel. Has anyone tried it before?

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls