SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ656 (Economy)

SIN-FUK (5h 50m)
Boeing 787-10
ETD: 1.20am (GMT + 8)
ETA: 8.10am (GMT + 9)

Here's the last post of 2019! It's apparently my third consecutive post on a flight experience, but this particular one shall kickstart the series of my December 2019 adventure in Northern Kyushu and Kobe, Japan. With my two BFFs, I left Singapore for Fukuoka with our flag carrier, one of the best airlines in the world.

We met up at Terminal 3 and performed self check-in, which was simple and easy.



Come to think of it, I wonder how many times have I departed from Changi Airport all these while?



We were the first few to enter Gate B8. Our flight was going to be filled with a very large group of Japanese, what looked like one cohort of 200 people or so of a particular school to me.



I was so excited to be onboard a Boeing 787-10 aircraft for the first time ever.
Singapore Airlines became the launch customer by stating that it'd order 30 of such aircraft on 30 May 2013. Its inaugural flight was on 3 April 2018 from Singapore to Bangkok, Thailand.


The Economy Class cabin is equipped with 301 seats with a layout of 3-3-3.


The enhanced KrisWorld, the airline's In-Flight Entertainment (IFE), looks really sleek.

Have a look at some of the items on the seat.


The cover page of this month's edition of SilverKris features Danjo Garan in Wakayama, Japan,
which is said to be one of country's most spiritual religious complexes.

I watched one of the anime movies listed on the card during the flight.
The cabin crew went around to distribute hot towels and menu booklets, but not welcome drinks.



We eventually took off at around 1.40am.


It seemed like we'd be passing through Taiwan along the way.

After the seat belt signs had been switched off, I filled up Japan's immigration and custom cards, followed by checking out the contents of the amenity kit.



During the first service, I had peas and crackers with a cup of mineral water.


The fully touch screen-based IFE offers more than 1,800 on-demand entertainment options. I decided to watch a movie before trying to sleep.



Although a tad furry for my liking, Detective Pikachu is pretty adorable.
Let's have a look at the lavatory.

I really appreciate it when there's mouthwash provided.


It was no surprise that I couldn't sleep at all, so I watched the second movie. Doraemon: Nobita's Chronicle of the Moon Exploration is the last Heisei era movie of the series that was released two months before the inception of the Reiwa era.


The cabin lights were turned on just before 6.00am. The cabin crew distributed hot towels again for passengers to freshen up before breakfast.



I've written a review of the breakfast in my food blog.

Breakfast main course #1: Tori no Tamanegi
Breakfast main course #2: Vegetable Frittata

Though I didn't really need to, I decided to try the complimentary Wi-Fi. It was rather slow to connect to the network, but I did manage to send some messages to my siblings.



From the interactive map, it could be seen that we didn't fly over Taiwan at all.



It was drizzling when we landed at Fukuoka Airport.



Fukuoka Airport is formerly known as Itazuke Air Base.
Cheers to stepping my feet in Kyushu for the very first time!



Before heading to town, we went to the tourist information centre to take some maps.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls