JPN: Naha Airport

150 Kagamizu, Naha, Okinawa, Japan

In a blink of an eye, we've reached this post on Naha Airport, which means that I've shared almost everything that I experienced during my short trip to Okinawa in 2015. It's been great reminiscing about it in the midst of my hectic schedule. Naha Airport is the primary air terminal for passengers and cargo traveling to and from the southernmost prefecture of Japan.


---

---

My BFFs and I made use of the monorail to go to the airport.



I still haven't had the chance to watch a match in a baseball stadium.
Not surprisingly, the terminus is both the southernmost and westernmost airport station in the country.



Naha Airport is Japan's seventh busiest airport.

Doesn't it look like a shopping mall atrium?


There's a big map of Okinawa at the arrival hall.



Take a look at the roof of the check-in counters.



I really can't wait to be able to fly to Hong Kong and Taipei, Taiwan again for leisure.
Let's go up to the third floor.



Honestly, I wasn't expecting to see a prayer room there.
There's an open-air space where you can watch the planes go by.


China Airlines used to have a poor reputation for safety, but things have become better since 2002.

The airport is also home to Naha Air Base of the Japan Air Self-Defense Force.

Once we were done exploring the public area, we went through the security clearance and immigration.


I wonder if I'll still have the chance to fly with Asiana Airlines before it's fully merged with Korean Air by 2024.

Since I happened to spot an interesting drink from one of the vending machines, I decided to buy a can before leaving Japan.

Yes, it's a pudding shake!
The domestic terminal is, of course, not featured in this post.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Toronto Downtown