SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ863 (Economy)

HKG-SIN (2h 45m)
Airbus 380-800
ETD: 2.10pm (GMT + 8)
ETA: 6.10pm (GMT + 8)

Are you excited about the Singapore - Hong Kong travel bubble that's set to launch in the middle of May 2021? I hope it's not going to burst again though. While waiting for that to happen, join me in reminiscing about this particular flight home onboard one of Singapore Airlines' jumbo jets in December 2015. 


---

---

To go to the airport, my BFFs and I took the train to Tsing Yi MTR station in the morning. We could've taken the Airport Express from Hong Kong island instead, but since we weren't rushing, we decided to save a bit of money.


Maritime Square is a shopping mall at Tsing Yi with about 170 shops. There's a cinema there too.



We then took the Airport Express from Tsing Yi MTR station. It used to cost HK$60.00 (~S$10.30) per adult, but the price has increased to HK$70.00 (~S$12.00) at the point of writing.



The journey took about 13 minutes.
We were among the first few passengers to complete the check-in process.


What was supposed to be window shopping at the public area ended with me buying a box of shark's fin-flavoured Pretz. 



Do you enjoy plane spotting at Hong Kong International Airport?



I've departed from Gate 15 quite a few times. It seems like Singapore Airlines' A380 is always parked there.



The three of us were seated at the main deck in the Economy Class cabin, which was quite packed that afternoon.



The wingspan is 79.8 m.
After take-off, each passenger was offered a packet of mixed nuts and a drink of choice.


White wine for me~
Take a look at what we had for lunch. I didn't write about it in my food blog.

Lunch main course #1: Deep-Fried Fish in Sweet and Sour Sauce
Lunch main course #2: Pan-Roasted Chicken with Mushroom Sauce

Once the meal tray had been cleared, I made a quick visit to the lavatory.



Can you tell from the photo below that Changi Airport was slightly busy in the early evening?


We landed safely at Changi Airport Terminal 3.



I wonder if a travel bubble with New Zealand is going to happen in 2021.
I really hope I can fly to Hong Kong again in December 2021.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls