HKG: Hong Kong Airlines HX682 (Economy)

HKG-OKA (2h 30m)
Airbus 330-300
ETD: 7.25am (GMT + 8)
ETA: 11.55am (GMT + 9)

Having the slogan 'Fresh and Very Hong Kong', Hong Kong Airlines started off as CR Airways in 2001. It was in 2015 that I flew with it for the very first time from Hong Kong to Okinawa, Japan in the Economy Class. I've also previously written about my experience with its Business Class onboard HX773 and HX768 from Hong Kong to Bangkok, Thailand and vice versa respectively.


---

---

My Christmas wish this year is to be able to travel overseas once again for leisure. While I've resigned to the fate that we're most likely not able to travel in mid-2021, I'll be so, so happy if I can go to Hong Kong, Taiwan or Japan at the end of the year.



Any Peanuts fans here?


Not surprisingly, the check-in area of Hong Kong International Airport at was mostly empty past midnight.



One section of the public area allows you to catch a glimpse of the transit area in a distance.
My BFFs and I spent some time outside to enjoy the pleasant early December weather.


Who's that Pokemon ... I mean Digimon?
Agumon belongs to one of my BFFs, and he decided to join our trip to Okinawa. The more, the merrier!

Agumon gave Melon a back massage.

I recall there was a bit of renovation going on, where one corner of the check-in area was boarded up with panels featuring children's artwork.



We were finally able to check in for our flight after 5.15am.


My stomach was growling, so I went to grab breakfast after passing through the security clearance and immigration checkpoint.



After looking around at the food court area, I went for Ajisen Ramen.
When was the last time you were at Hong Kong International Airport?



Did you know that, besides being one of the world's busiest passenger airports, Hong Kong International Airport is the busiest cargo gateway across the globe?



Due to COVID-19, the flight to and from Okinawa has been suspended at the point of writing.
The aircraft has got 30 Business Class seats and 255 Economy Class seats.

So Chinese, isn't it?

The legroom is decent.

As the aircraft isn't equipped with any personal or overhead screens, safety demonstration was done manually.


After take-off, antiseptic wipes were distributed to passengers before a quick meal service commenced. I did write about it in my food blog.


Snack: Luncheon Meat Bun
I tried to get some shut-eye for the rest of the flight. We landed at Naha Airport on schedule.



We spent 5D4N in Okinawa.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Toronto Downtown