JPN: Tokyo Dai-Ichi Hotel Okinawa Grand Mer Resort

2-8-1 Yogi, Okinawa City, Okinawa, Japan

Tokyo Dai-Ichi Hotel Okinawa Grand Mer Resort (4*) is the first hotel that my BFFs and I went to from Naha Airport. Given that we didn't have the intention to hire a car, I wonder why I booked a room at a hotel located in Okinawa City that's not particularly near any attraction. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our stay in one of the Japanese style rooms.


---

---

There's a complimentary shuttle service from Naha Airport to the hotel and vice versa. Prior booking is required up to 6.00pm prior to the day of taking the shuttle bus.


The journey from the airport to the hotel took about 50 minutes.

I wonder if that Egyptian-themed pachinko (lit. gambling machine) parlour is still around.
Had I known I'd eventually come up with a travel blog, I would've taken a photo of the hotel building.


Commonplace in Okinawa, Shisa is a variation of the guardian lions from China.
There are 300 guest rooms at the hotel. As with most Japanese hotels, the standard check-in time is from 3.00pm onwards.


The merchandise sold at the hotel lobby seem reasonably priced.

There's an Internet corner, but Wi-Fi is also available.
I've got a photo of one of the corridors, but neither of the elevator lobby nor the room key.


I've always got excited with Japanese style rooms.

I should design the interior of my own flat in the future to be like a traditional Japanese house.

Melon couldn't wait to soak herself in the bath tub.
 

Let's step into the tatami room.


How about sleeping inside the closet like Doraemon?


In Okinawa, jasmine tea is known as sanpin-cha.
Pikachu and Melon had a good time with Agumon at the hotel.




The room comes with a balcony. The three photos below were taken at different timings.

“O, Sunlight! The most precious gold to be found on Earth.” ~ Roman Payne


There's an indoor swimming pool and a gym, but I didn't get to use the latter.


We had buffet breakfast at the hotel's restaurant that goes by the name Dress Diner.

Breakfast is served from 6.00am to 10.30am daily.


The nearest shopping mall from the hotel is Aeon Mall Okinawa Rycom, which takes about 5 minutes to reach by car.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls