SIN: Raintr33 Hotel

33 Hendon Road, Singapore

Raintr33 Hotel was an oasis of calm nestled in the Changi area. Notice the use of past tense in my first sentence as the hotel folded its business sometime in 2020. Still, I'm writing a tribute to this hotel that unfortunately had a purported reputation of being haunted as a significant portion of the population thought it occupied the site of the infamous Old Changi Hospital.


---

---

The hotel was located just across the road from The Coastal Settlement, a laidback casual dining restaurant. In the past, the buildings served as commando barracks.



I had a staycation there in August 2018 when my sister was back from Istanbul, Turkey for her holiday. The hotel housed 50 guest rooms.


The hotel started its operation in December 2014.


Admittedly, the abandoned hospital is walkable from the hotel.

Be one with nature, shall we?


I wasn't only with my sister, but also my mother and a friend. We were assigned to guest rooms in the building next to the swimming pool.


The small swimming pool didn't seem clean enough, so I didn't use it.

Allow me to pose before going up to the room.


I had to use the keycard to access the second floor.



I saw quite a number of paintings along the open-air corridor.



So simple, yet gripping to me!
The comfortable Maple Twin room was 32 square metres big.


Cleanliness wise, the room was pretty much spotless.

Look at that burnt ironing board...
Take a look at the bathroom. I recall the shower had a rather weak water pressure.



Did you ask where was the sink? It was placed outside at the balcony, which was rather inconvenient.


There wasn't a lot of mosquitoes around, but I chose not to sit outside.

The hotel had a bar, but it was empty that evening. In fact, I only saw one family throughout my stay.


Of course, I really enjoyed the tranquil ambience.



Buffet breakfast was served at the hotel's restaurant named The Red Beret. I didn't get the chance to write about it in my food blog, but the quality was so-so.


Do you prefer fried rice or fried noodle?

I remember the fruits were mostly lacking in natural sweetness.

After breakfast, I took a bit of a hike to see the Old Changi Hospital.


That towering stem-fruited fig, which can grow up to 35 m tall, was endorsed as a Heritage Tree in 2014.

That's BNP Paribas' first campus in Asia Pacific.

As much as I'd love to explore the interior of the hospital, I obviously didn't want to get arrested for tresspassing into a state property. I didn't know, however, that it's actually available for rent, perhaps for those shooting horror movies.


To clarify, this photo was taken from outside the gate.
I certainly didn't feel that the hotel was haunted. Thank you, Raintr33 Hotel.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls