SIN: Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa

1 Larkhill Road, Sentosa Island, Singapore

Digging out old photos has made me realise that I've actually done a fair bit of staycations here in Singapore before the COVID-19 pandemic. We shall travel back in time to a few years ago when I stayed at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa (5*), a tranquil resort offering a total of 140 guest rooms, suites, villas and a colonial bungalow named Larkhill Mansion.


---

---

I made my way to the hotel on foot, but you don't have to. If not driving, you can make use of the complimentary shuttle bus service to and from Exit D of HarbourFront MRT station.


The hotel lobby doesn't speak of luxury.

I suppose you may not be able to help yourself to the snacks during the current pandemic.

The standard check-in time is 3.00pm. When I reached the front desk at around 2.00pm, I was told that the room wasn't ready yet, so I had to come back later to collect my "key to an individual experience".


Don't forget to greet those free-roaming peacocks.



Anyway, I stayed in one of the Deluxe Rooms on the ground floor with a garden view.



The size of the lowest tier room is 37 square metres.


If you're asking where my usual little friends were, I actually forgot to bring any of them with me.


I wonder if they still offer as many as 10 sachets of Twinings tea.
The bathroom, which comes with a bath tub, is spacious enough.

Lovely lemongrass shampoo and conditioner, as well as lavender body wash and body lotion!


Take a look at the view of the lush greenery from the bedroom. 


Just like me, that peacock was in need of relaxation too.
The resort has got its own Glass Pavilion, which is said to be one of Singapore's most desirable marriage solemnisation venues.

At the top of the structure is an antique bell restored from the oldest chapel on Sentosa Island.


Nearby is Tier Bar, which is still closed during the current Phase 3 of Reopening.


I enjoyed the walk in the beautiful tropical garden.


Even though the sun was shining so brightly, it was a pleasantly breezy day.

“Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.” ~ John Harrigan

The resort's Courtyard Suites were formerly the living quarters for British soldiers during World War II.



The resort houses the two remaining air-raid shelters on Sentosa Island.
In September 2018, the hotel launched its inaugural Amara Heritage Trail. Lasting for an hour, it takes guests to discover the nature, conservation and history within the resort.


There are four outdoor swimming pools, one of which is for the exclusive use of guests staying in Larkhill Terrace suites. Shown below is DreamPool.


A lifeguard wannabe?

How about some booze after a good swim?

Not far from DreamPool is Children Pool.


Confession: I took that water slide.

Don't do anything silly! Always be safe!
SkyPool is an infinity pool boasting overlooking the South China Sea.



Below are just a few photos of the resort at night.


In a normal situation, the Glass Pavilion can easily seat up to 40 guests.

"The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I had the gym to myself at 9.45pm. Note that the operating hours during the current pandemic are from 9.30am to 6.00pm only though, and prior booking is required under the safe management measures. The same goes for the four swimming pools.


Some equipment are labelled "for personal training members only", thus inaccessible to hotel guests.

Anyone up for the challenge to enter the staff-only area?
I had a disappointing buffet breakfast at Shutters, the hotel's only restaurant. Thankfully, lunch wasn't too shabby.


The hotel takes pride in serving dishes topped with house-grown herbs.


The spread of the buffet was pretty huge, but they ought to focus on the quality too.

Here's the thing. Despite the idyllic setting, I wasn't impressed with the service, given that it's a 5* resort. Not that I encountered something particularly unpleasant, but the staff could certainly be more amiable.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Toronto Downtown