SIN: J8 Hotel

8 Townshend Road, Singapore

It's a pity that overseas travel continues to be off the cards for the rest of 2020. That, however, gives me the time and space to post on the various staycations that I've had thus far before the COVID-19 pandemic and during Singapore's Phase 2 of Reopening. Let's have a quick look at J8 Hotel, a boutique hotel situated not far from Lavender and Jalan Besar MRT stations, where I stayed at before the pandemic.


---

---

The hotel comprises a shophouse and a taller building. Surviving the test of time, the former was originally built in the early 1900s.



The lobby area is spacious enough to put a few seats.



Stepping into the elevator gave me the urge to buy lotteries because of the number of four-leaf clover stickers pasted there.



I was assigned to a patio room on the topmost floor.



Take a look at the keycard. 


As expected, the room isn't particularly big, but comfortable enough.


A wardrobe is absent, but there's a place to hang clothes.

Grateful for the complimentary mini bar snacks and drinks!
There's a small balcony overlooking the quieter part of the Jalan Besar district.



The sky was a little bit dark, but thankfully it didn't rain the other day.
A rain shower is installed in the bathroom. I recall the water pressure being moderate.



I had dinner on the day of check-in, as well as breakfast the following day at the hotel's only eatery.

J8 Café is the name of the eatery.

My mother would always go for toast.

I had an early evening walk around the area. That was the last time I saw the colourful flats of Rochor Centre, which have been demolished to make way for the North-South Corridor. It's a proposed expressway connecting the city to the northern region, which will include continuous bus lanes and cycling trunk routes, the first of its kind in Singapore.


Let me be honest here. Till date, I've never been inside Sim Lim Square, the largest IT marketplace in Singapore. Let's hope there'll be no more dirty businesses like Mobile Air.


Tekka Centre in Little India, a multi-use building complex comprising a wet market, a food centre and various shops, was my last stop.


J8 Hotel has recently been approved by the Singapore Tourism Board for staycation.

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls