SIN: Champion Hotel [Phase 3 of Reopening]

60 Joo Chiat Road, Singapore

As Singapore has made good progress in curbing the spread of COVID-19, we've moved into Phase 3 of Reopening since 28 December 2020. My first staycation during this final phase before the eventual normalcy returns, soon enough hopefully, was a simple one at Champion Hotel (3*) on New Year's Eve.


---
SIN: Champion Hotel [Phase 3 of Reopening] <YOU ARE HERE!>

---

I took a photo of the facade of the hotel on the day of check-out. It was raining cats and dogs on 1 January 2021. The mercury dropped to 22 degree Celsius that day.


I had quite a lot of expiring Agoda credits that I earned from my previous trips. Not wanting to waste them away, I chose to book a room at Champion Hotel, which is located not far from Wisma Geylang Serai where there'd be fireworks to usher in 2021. Phase 3 has allowed for an increase in operating capacity from 50% to up to 65%.


I'd love to have the hedgehog on my work desk.

The lobby is quite tastefully done, don't you think? BTW, there's no restaurant at the hotel, but there are lots of food options in the area.

I didn't see any Christmas trees around, but they decorated the sitting area with those festive cushions.

Those scented candles smell pretty nice.

There are two computers that guests can use to browse the Internet, as well as a vending machine selling some hot and cold beverages.



Let's go up to the third floor to see the room.



The hotel has got a total of 80 guest rooms.
Here's a photo of the keycard.


The windowless Superior Twin Room, which is the lowest tier room, doesn't have windows. It was a tad dusty.

The room is 17 square metres big.


I wonder how much are they going to charge those itchy fingers.

That notice on the drawer below the safe box is such a lie.


A quick inspection of the bathroom revealed that it was generally clean. You may not want to look at the exhaust fan on the ceiling though as it's trapped way too much dirt.


The hotel provides body soap and conditioning shampoo by Leo Peppard.

Given the current pandemic, even Sesame Street characters have to do video-conferencing.


As mentioned earlier, the hotel is within walking distance to Wisma Geylang Serai, a symbol of heritage and nostalgia for the Malay community. Of course, all are welcomed to visit the vibrant social and cultural hub.



In the evening, I happened to see ushers and safe distancing ambassadors being briefed for the fireworks event.


Even though I was already feeling so sleepy, I joined the crowd to see the fireworks. It was nice to see that all of us tried to maintain some distance among us without having to be directed by the safe distancing ambassadors.


Goodbye, 2020! It was a hell of a ride, but we survived!

Enjoy the 90-second video that I took.


I hope 2021 has been much better for us compared to last year. I've gone back to work, and I'm grateful that despite the great sense of apprehension, my January has been much more smooth-sailing than I thought it'd be. Let's continue to exercise our personal and social responsibilities, and we shall prevail over the pandemic.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls