SIN: YOTELAir Singapore Changi Airport [Phase 2 of Reopening]

78 Airport Boulevard, #04-280 Jewel Changi Airport, Singapore

YOTELAir Singapore (3*) is a landside transit hotel located on the fourth floor of Jewel Changi Airport. I've always been wanting to check the hotel out, but probably wouldn't really think of spending money to stay there in a normal situation. Being grounded by the COVID-19 pandemic, however, has prompted me to do a number of staycations, so voila!


---

---

After having lots of fun at the Inside Singapore Airlines event at SIA Training Centre, I made my way to Jewel Changi Airport, checking in at the hotel slightly after 4.00pm. For an overnight stay, I heard that the hotel used to impose unreasonable check-in and check-out time of 6.00pm and 9.00am respectively. Thankfully, the policy has since been changed to allow guests to do their check-in from 3.00pm onwards and check-out at 12 noon.


Mission Control is what the lobby area of the hotel is called.


You can find out more about the various tourist spots in Singapore using that machine.
Don't forget to greet the two resident robots: Yoji and Airabella. I'd wanted to see them in action by requesting for a bottle of mineral water to be delivered to my room, but unfortunately I forgot about it. I shall remember when I have my next staycation at YOTEL Singapore (4*) at Orchard Road in the near future.



Ready to go up to the sleeping quarters?


Before the pandemic, there used to be lots of tables and chairs along the walkway leading to the cabins. The walls are adorned with framed art featuring Singlish terms.


Sotong is the Malay word for 'squid', while sotong kurita is for 'octopus'.


Unfortunately, durian isn't shiok (lit. gratifying) to me.

The gym is closed during Singapore's Phase 2 of Reopening, so I could only see how it looks like from the interactive screen along the same walkway. I wonder if it's gonna be accessible during Phase 3, which is coming soon on 28 December 2020.



The hotel has got a total of 130 cabins, way more than I'd initially thought.



How would you define "yo time" printed on the keycard?


Each cabin is inspired by "luxury First Class aircraft design" according to the website. At only 10 square metres, the Premium Queen cabin is undeniably small. For those having physical disabilities, it's possible to request for Accessible Premium Queen cabin that's 21 square metres big. Similar-sized family cabins are also available, which can accommodate either four adults and a baby cot or two adults and two children.


Why not think of it as the world's largest First Class suite, especially with the adjustable seat-cum-bed?

Take a look at the view of the bedroom from the toilet.

There's a tray table and a foldable chair in the cabin.
Enjoy the mood lighting that's supposed to help you relax or perhaps get naughty, but please don't quote me on the latter.


There's a curtain that acts as a privacy shield between the bedroom and the toilet, but take note it's installed in the bedroom section. If you're staying with another person, don't forget to tell him or her not to be a peeping Tom.


From my experience, I think the bed can recline close to, but not exactly 180 degrees.
There's a warning under the TV screen not to recline the bed with your luggage placed there. It's better to put yours under the bed instead.



Besides bottled water, a small bottle of hand sanitiser and an alcoholic wet wipe were provided.

The Science teacher in me screamed at the superscripted number in the 'chemical formula'.

You can only adjust the temperature of the air-conditioner between 21 and 24 degree Celsius inclusive. Anyway, the upper limit is more than enough to cool down the small-sized cabin quickly.


Don't you love the door hanger?



I think the toilet takes up slightly less than one-third of the cabin space.


A heating system is installed behind the mirror to keep it from fogging up.

I love the citrusy aroma of Urban Skincare Co. products hailing from Sydney, Australia.
Prior to the pandemic, Komyuniti used to serve food and drinks round the clock. The so-called Grab-and-Go breakfast is temporarily unavailable.

There are currently only a few tables and chairs placed there for social distancing.

You can enjoy the view of HSBC Rain Vortex from the dining area.

Coffee and tea are available free-of-charge for hotel guests. You need to request for them from one of the staff members at the Mission Control. At the moment, guests aren't allowed to help themselves with the ice machine as well.



In the morning, I had a cup of cappuccino, while my friend had his dose of chamomile tea.


Hot meals are available for purchase from 11.00am to 11.59pm. I didn't order any, so I can't speak about the quality. I'm actually suspecting that those may simply be heated ready meals, but I may be wrong. Anyway, there's also a vending machine selling snacks and drinks at the Mission Control.



If you don't intend to stay overnight, it's possible to book a cabin for a minimum duration of 4 hours. For that, you need to drop an e-mail to singaporechangi.reservations@yotel.com as it's not possible to book day use cabins on the website. It's not for the purpose of hanky-panky, I hope, but who am I to judge?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls