AZE: Azerbaijan Airlines J2 76 (Economy)

IST-GYD (2h 50m)
Airbus 320
ETD: 12.20pm (GMT + 3)
ETA: 4.10pm (GMT + 4)


Trying out a new airline is something that I always look forward to, so much so that I keep a record here in my travel blog. Even though I knew I'd be flying in a rather old aircraft, I was excited to hop aboard the flag carrier of Azerbaijan to its capital city, Baku. As a recap, Georgia is the first Caucasus country that I visited back in 2018, where I touched down at Tbilisi.


---
---

For the past five years, whenever I went to Istanbul, Turkey, it was to see my sister. It wasn't the case for this particular trip though. Anyway, I recall the check-in counters were opened about three hours before the scheduled departure time. The staff at the counter issued adhesive tags for cabin baggages.



My BFF and I had lots of time to explore the new Istanbul Airport.


We were glad to see that the Airbus 320 arrived at Gate E1 on time.


Is there any other airline having a tree livery besides Middle East Airlines, the flag carrier of Lebanon?

The Airbus 320 of the airline features 20 recliner seats in 2-2 configuration in the Business Class cabin. I wasn't among the first few in the queue, but when I stepped into the aircraft, there wasn't anybody seated in that cabin yet.



The Economy Class cabin is equipped with 126 seats in 3-3 configuration.



I was seated at 23B towards the rear of the cabin.

Nobody wore mask inside the aircraft, so I decided to take out mine.


I tried plugging in my earphone, but couldn't hear anything during the flight.

As my BFF was seated at 23A, it was pretty convenient for me to take photos of the view outside.



I wonder if I'll ever have the chance to go to Iraq, at least to the Kurdistan Region.
The cabin crew offered reading materials and some mints before take-off.



The in-flight safety video was displayed through overhead screens.



As usual, I did some plane spotting during taxi.


Iran Aseman Airlines is the third largest airline of the country.

“Once you've tasted flight, you'll forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you've been, and there you'll always long to return.” ~ Leonardo da Vinci

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the airline provided a hot towel service.



I was so full after the lunch onboard.


Lunch main course #1: Bulgur Pilaf with Chicken
Lunch main course #2: Conchiglie Pasta with Beef

The overhead screens simply only showed the flight information and nothing else. 



As there wasn't any In-Flight Entertainment (IFE), Melon decided to spend the rest of the time enjoying the view.


I'd like to invite you to vicariously join Melon.


Even from a distance, I was thrilled to see snow-capped mountains again. 

Trivia: What's the world's largest inland body of water called?


The aircraft touched down smoothly at Heydar Aliyev International Airport. Welcome to Azerbaijan, the Land of Fire!



A low-cost carrier, Buta Airways is a fully owned subsidiary of Azerbaijan Airlines.
The queue for immigration clearance was pretty long, but it moved quickly. I was also glad to encounter a friendly officer who greeted me with a smile.



It took so long for the luggage to appear on the conveyor belt.
"Where's Azerbaijan and what's there to see?" is a common question that I get from friends and colleagues. Stay tuned for a glimpse of the country in the upcoming posts!

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Toronto Downtown