AZE: Center City Hotel Baku

32 Eziz Eliyev Road, Baku, Azerbaijan

For the short stay in Baku, Azerbaijan, I managed to get an affordable room at the relatively quiet Center City Hotel Baku (3*) despite its location near one of the entrances to Icherisheher, the historic city centre surrounded by walls. A comfy enough bed, hot shower and adequate buffet breakfast were all I needed. 


---
---

Before arriving in Baku, I'd already pre-booked a pick-up service with the hotel. The one-way journey, which took less than half an hour, cost AZN 25.00 (~S$20.20).


The exterior of the boutique hotel looks pretty promising.



There's a café by Illy right in front of the hotel.



My BFF and I arrived just before 5.30pm, which was beyond the standard check-in time of 2.00pm.



The hotel offers some tours, the prices of which can be found at the reception counter.
We went up to the fourth floor via the small elevator that I think can only accommodate about four adults at one time.


Those barricades immediately reminded me of Silent Hill.

Keycard? Nope, it's a metal key with a big enough keychain.


There's not much room for movement, but everything was clean when I entered the room.

The carpet features my most favourite colour.


I recall that the mini fridge wasn't that cold.

The toilet, on the other hand, isn't so crammed



Honestly, I wasn't expecting the following view when I opened the curtain.


Take note that the buffet breakfast only starts at 8.00am and ends within two hours each day.

Similar to Turkish breakfast, eh?


The dining room is quite small, but thankfully there weren't many people during our stay.

All in all, I've got no complaints about my stay, especially when I had lots of luscious strawberries there at breakfast.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Toronto Downtown