SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ392 (Premium Economy)

SIN-IST (11h)
Airbus 350-900
ETD: 1.45am (GMT + 8)
ETA: 7.45am (GMT + 3)


The time I'd been waiting for finally came. The stationary Restaurant A380 @ Changi back in 2020 aside, to feel the excitement of stepping into an aircraft once again after more than two years was truly a blessing. Join me in my first long-haul flight in the Premium Economy Class cabin of the flag carrier of Singapore.


---
---


I hopped onto a train from Hillview MRT station to go to Changi Airport. The journey took about 80 minutes. Terminal 3 was rather peaceful that evening.



My BFF and I used one of the self-service check-in kiosks, followed by dropping our luggage. Everything was completed within 5 minutes or so.



It was so silly of me not to take off my mask when passing through the automated clearance until I was nicely told by one of the officers.

Say hello to Snoopy and Woodstock!


Passenger traffic at Changi Airport amounted to 2,930,000 in June 2022 from only 178,000 the previous year.

Our flight would be departing from Gate B3.


SQ352 is now flying to Copenhagen, Denmark directly instead of stopping over at Rome, Italy.


That's the best photo of the aircraft that I could take.
We'd initially wanted to redeem Krisflyer miles for Economy Class seats. However, only the Advantage Awards were available, which cost more than the Saver Awards for Premium Economy Class. Obviously we went for the latter.

Premium Economy Passengers need not take one.

Unfortunately, we were unable to get the duo seats at either side of the aircraft.

The Premium Economy Cabin is equipped with 24 seats, all of which were occupied on that flight. 



The size of the monitor is 13.3", slightly bigger than its Economy Class counterpart that's 11.1" big. 


I'm not sure about the brand, but I recall the headphone provided decent noise-cancelling feature. 


A spot that's easily overlooked during cleaning, I suppose...
Before take-off, the cabin crew went around to take our order or confirm our online order for supper, if done beforehand. Alas, there was no hotel towel service at all throughout the flight.


After the elegant in-flight safety video was shown, the cabin lights were dimmed in preparation for take-off.


Awarding the best wines offered onboard, Cellars in the Sky has been running since 1985.

It was a pity that the airline hadn't restarted the post take-off champagne service for Premium Economy Class passengers when we flew with them in the middle of the year. Besides that, mask wearing was still mandatory throughout the flight then. Anyway, I decided to start watching The Secret Life of Pets 2 while waiting for supper to be served.



As usual, please head over to my food blog to get more details on the food and beverages served onboard. Premium Economy Class passengers can make use of the Book the Cook service up to 24 hours prior to the flight, although the selection of main courses isn't as amazing as those for Business Class, First Class and Suites passengers.

Supper main course #1: Singapore Fried Carrot Cake [Book the Cook]
Supper main course #2: Gaeng Panang Neau

There's no dedicated lavatory for Premium Economy Class passengers, so I went to one directly behind the cabin.

Can you spot where the hand lotion was placed at?


The cabin lights were eventually switched off. It was so annoying that I couldn't catch a sleep at all throughout the flight.



After shutting my eyes for an hour, I was so bored that I decided to go to the galley to get some snacks and drinks.


I've seen those anchovy chili bread in supermarkets, and I should've tried it onboard.

Singapore Sling and Baileys Irish Cream, my love!
I watched all the four episodes of Budget Trip in Japan available in the In-Flight Entertainment (IFE). I'm so excited that the Land of the Rising Sun has reopened for independent travel.



As I was watching, a flight attendant distributed cold water to those who were awake.
I've always enjoyed looking at the flight map.



Slowly, the whole cabin woke up and breakfast was served soon enough.


Good morning, Melon! I bet she slept really well, unlike me.
I'm aware that there are usually quite a number of Indonesians taking this particular flight to Istanbul. Hence, it wasn't surprising at all to see the Indonesian nasi uduk appearing on the breakfast menu.

Breakfast main course #1: Pancakes with Maple Syrup and Scrambled Eggs [Book the Cook]
Breakfast main course #2: Nasi Uduk

After coffee and tea service, the cabin was swiftly cleared in preparation for landing.


I've never been to the central part of Turkey, let alone the eastern side.

Even if you don't fancy either, do you prefer take-off or landing?
At last, I stepped my feet on the new Istanbul Airport in the Arnavutköy district. All scheduled commercial passenger flights were transferred from Atatürk Airport on 6 April 2019.


IST, the IATA airport code of Atatürk Airport, is transferred to the new Istanbul Airport.


That appears to be the mascot, a personification of the logo of Istanbul Airport.
After clearing immigration, which had a snaking queue as usual, we took a stroll at the duty free inside and eventually collected our luggage.



For a good 15 minutes or so, only one luggage appeared at a time.
I was supposed to go to Istanbul for my sister's graduation ceremony in 2020, but alas, COVID-19 came and thwarted my plan.


As much as I enjoyed the flight, I wouldn't want to pay a full fare for a Premium Economy Class seat.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls