THA: Thai Airways TG409 (Economy)

BKK-SIN (2h 15min)
Airbus 350-900
ETD: 
11.20pm (GMT + 2)
ETA: 2.20pm (GMT + 7)


I know I've been taking so long, but we're down to the last post of the trip to Azerbaijan that my BFF and I embarked on in the middle of last year. We found ourselves on a plane for the third time in less than 24 hours, heading back home from the Land of Smiles. My previous flight with Thai Airways had been long before the COVID-19 pandemic, aboard one of their Boeing 747-400.


---
---

As a result of Austrian Airlines OS25, our already limited layover time became even shorter. With just the two of us and another gentleman connecting to Singapore, we were guided by a Thai Airways staff member who swiftly led the way, ensuring that we made it in time for our connecting flight. We briskly walked from what felt like one end of the terminal to the other, which proved to be a good workout to burn all the calories taken in from the previous flight.
 


The aircraft has got 32 Business Class and 289 Economy Class seats. Most of them were occupied that afternoon.



Purple is one of the corporate colours of Thai Airways, along with magenta and gold.


A footrest is always welcomed.
Contents of the seat pocket, you asked? Nope, no hardcopy in-flight magazine.



I found the latest safety demonstration video to be vibrant and entertaining.


As the plane taxied down the runway, I gazed out of the window and saw Bangkok receding into the distance.


See you again someday, Austrian Airlines!

Check out the tail camera view.



As I began exploring the In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) system, my thoughts naturally drifted to what Thai dish the airline might have in store for dinner.


What's your most favourite destination in Southeast Asia?

I watched the 2021 Tom & Jerry movie, and so did my BFF.
To discover more about the food and drinks served during the flight, may I encourage you to visit my food blog post?


Dinner main course #1: Red Chicken Curry with Rice
Dinner main course #2: Baked Fish Fillet with Mashed Potatoes
In a blink of an eye, the aircraft approached the world-renowned Changi Airport, the pride of our Lion City.

I always like it when the cabin lights gradually begin to dim, which I find soothing.

The gleaming lights of the city always add a touch of magic to the view.



Reflecting on the entire trip, I've indeed gathered yet a trove of cherished memories, especially since it was my first overseas trip after being grounded for two years due to the pandemic. As I headed back home, I did so with a sense of gratitude for what life had given me, and anticipation for more exciting adventures to come.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls