IDN: Batik Air ID7151 (Economy)

CGK-SIN (1h 50m)
Airbus 320
ETD: 1.30pm (GMT + 7) 
ETA: 4.20pm (GMT + 8)

We're going to reach the end of July 2020 soon, and I've finally come to the last post on my December 2019 trip. To return to Singapore from Jakarta, Indonesia, my BFF and I flew with Batik Air in the Economy Class. To think about it, it's been ages since I last took the pretty unreliable Lion Air, a privately run low-cost carrier that's the parent company of Batik Air.

Thanks to the Soekarno-Hatta Airport Rail Link, we didn't have to worry about getting stuck in a traffic jam to reach the airport.



So many motorcycles!
The queue wasn't that long when we checked in an hour and a half before the scheduled departure time.


Only a small section of Terminal 2, namely 2F, is reserved for international flights now as most have been shifted to Terminal 3.



Without intending to add fuel to the fire, how many countries are claiming batik as their form
of traditional art? I know China has recently jumped on the bandwagon.
It was my first time seeing parliamentary magazines being placed at the boarding gate. Has anyone actually bothered to pick up a copy?


I always enjoy the feeling of going into an aircraft without the use of a jet bridge.



Based on my estimation, the flight was about 75% occupied that afternoon.

I doubt there was anyone seated in the Business Class cabin.


The boarding process went really smoothly.


I didn't read the in-flight magazine, only browsing through it quickly.



I love Christmas cookies with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Somehow I found the light-hearted background music of the safety demonstration video a bit too loud that day.


I'm not sure when I'll be able to travel to Jakarta again. Hopefully the COVID-19 situation in Indonesia can be put under control soon.



Having a contemporary modern design, Terminal 3 was originally called Terminal 3 Ultimate.


Imagine having one of those islands for yourself~
The In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) has been redesigned since the last time I flew with the airline.


More responsive compared to the older version!


For the uninitiated, there's another airport serving Jakarta:
Halim Perdanakusuma International Airport
I watched Scooby-Doo! Shaggy's Showdown and played Hangman.



Read here for a bit more details on the snacks that we had onboard.



Roti John and Pandan Choco Muffin
Don't we all enjoy the views outside the aircraft?

I used to be able to remember the different names of the cloud forms, but not anymore now.


Here's a typical view of the Singapore Strait with numerous vessels, from freighters to supertankers.


Do you get excited when touching down at Changi Airport?

As usual, we didn't have to wait long to see our luggage on the belt.



That's all, folks! While I really miss travelling, I doubt we'll be able to go out of Singapore freely at the end of the year. Perhaps I'll do a bit more staycations.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls