SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Phase 3 of Reopening]

366 Orchard Road, Singapore

Given that leisure overseas travel is still off the cards since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, I really wonder when will be the next time I can fly somewhere to satisfy my wanderlust. In February 2021, I booked for a staycation at YOTEL Singapore (4*), pretending that I was flying in a First Class suite once again after the experience at YOTELAir Singapore Changi Airport (3*) in December 2020.


---
SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Phase 3 of Reopening] <YOU ARE HERE!>

---

The first YOTEL property started operating at Gatwick Airport in London, the UK in 2007. The concept was born when the founder, Simon Woodroffe, started thinking that it'd be possible to achieve luxury within a compact space through the use of clever design and technology during a flight in the First Class cabin.



As expected, the hotel wasn't that crowded during the Chinese New Year period.


Life is indeed about "work, play, eat, drink, sleep, repeat..."

No, the vending machine can't dispense Korean fried chicken.
It's one of the dishes you can order at the hotel's restaurant.
Meet the two resident robots: Yolanda and Yoshi! They're ready to fulfil your request for additional amenities. 



Unfortunately, Yoshi wasn't well that afternoon.
I was blessed with a free upgrade to a Premium Queen View Cabin located on the 25th floor. 

Trippy lift lobby!


Recursion always comes to mind whenever I take a photo of a hotel corridor.

The size of the room is 14 square metres.

Pikachu and Melon immediately made themselves comfortable on the convertible double bed.


Be warned that the panel below the TV can only take a maximum weight of 3 kg, so don't sit on it.


I'm not sure if they've always been providing disposable cups instead of reusable ones even before the pandemic.


Due to the limited space in the bathroom, the sink is located next to the bed.

Did you notice Pikachu making an appearance in the background?


"For your privacy, please ensure your bathroom blind is down", says the stickers pasted on both sides of the full-length window.



I was so happy to be reunited with the aromatic Urban Skincare Co. toiletries.
Enjoy the view from the room.

Can you spot a swimming pool in this particular photo?


Take note that Far East Plaza and Far East Shopping Centre aren't the same.

I was surprised to see Yoji, who was back to health, inside the elevator when I was about to go down.



Breakfast is served at Komyuniti, which is the only restaurant housed inside the hotel.


Don't you love the display at the restaurant?


Alas, we can't be too social during this COVID-19 pandemic.

During Phase 3 of Reopening, reservation is still required to use the gym and the swimming pool. Simply head to Komyuniti and place your booking with the staff member there.

"Your only limit, is you" indeed.

Alas, the functional trainer was unusable when I was there.

What's a rocket doing there?

I had fun pretending that I was biking in Paris, France.


I remember the swimming pool water was really cold. 'Twas a refreshing swim!


It was nice to have the pool to myself.

Now I'm interested to stay at other YOTEL properties elsewhere in the world.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Toronto Downtown