SIN: Hotel Boss [Phase 3 of Reopening]

500 Jalan Sultan, Singapore

Hello, everyone! I'm back to slowly update my blog as and when I can. Despite the launch of the various Vaccinated Travel Lanes to and from Singapore, I won't be going overseas this year, so I'll continue to rediscover this place I call home. Anyway, during Phase 3 of Reopening earlier this year, I stayed at Hotel Boss (4*). I found the star rating to be off though.


---
SIN: Hotel Boss [Phase 3 of Reopening]  <YOU ARE HERE!>

---

A pretty huge hotel at the intersection of Jalan Sultan and Victoria Street, Hotel Boss boasts a total of more than 1,000 guest rooms. It's about 300 m away from Lavender MRT station.



Cheers convenience store is just a stone's throw away from the entrance of the hotel.
Thanks to the majestic lighting, the lobby looks less clinical.


Honeycomb was the first thing that came to my mind. Am I the only one? 

There was actually a queue when I checked into the hotel, so I had to wait for about 15 minutes or so.
You can probably tell from the photos above that I was there during the Chinese New Year period.



Off to the eighth floor from lift lobby A!

I'd certainly love to redesign their logo.


I'm not sure about the actual size, but the Standard Queen room is pretty small.

A wide angle shot always does wonders, eh?

Only local TV channels are available.

The view from the room isn't too shabby.

Without the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew, there wouldn't be the Garden City we get to enjoy now. 


I've been on the Singapore Flyer once, but I'm not sure if I can find the photos to write about it in this blog.

Of course, the bathroom is small too, but it's still bigger than those in some business hotels in Japan for sure.



I had breakfast on the fourth floor before sunrise the following day. Have a look at what I had in my food blog.



Anyway, the restaurant is called Jubilicious.


Why not enjoy a bit of walk on the fourth floor?


Rochor River is a canalised river that's about 0.8 km in length.


I've never actually tried sitting on coin-operated massage chairs before.

Coin-operated washing machines are available on the same floor.



I had fun doing the following shots.

Does the lens flare add depth to the photo?


During Phase 3 of Reopening, the gym and the swimming pool were only open from 8.30am onwards. I'm not sure if that's changed now. I really enjoyed the chilly water that morning.



I didn't use the gym, taking photos only from outside.



I have to say that the person manning the entrance to the gym and the swimming pool that day was rather rude, but I didn't make a complaint to the manager. Anyway, I'd say Hotel Boss is more of a 3* hotel.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls