SIN: Orchid Country Club [Stabilisation Phase]

1 Orchid Club Road, Singapore

Situated in the idyllic part of Yishun, Orchid Country Club (4*) was established in 1993 by the late Mr Ong Teng Cheong, then Secretary-General of the sole trade union in Singapore, who envisioned to make golf accessible and affordable to local workers. There's a resort hotel within the country club that's got a total of 75 guest rooms.


---
SIN: Changi Cove [Transition Phase]
SIN: Village Hotel Bugis [Transition Phase]
SIN: Hotel G Singapore [Transition Phase]
SIN: Andaz Singapore [Transition Phase]

---

The country club offers a free shuttle bus service to and from Yishun MRT Exit C near NTUC FairPrice.


Back in 2016, my workplace held our staff seminar at the golf clubhouse there.


The country club covers an area of 100 hectares.

The resort hotel used to be called Orchid Lodge. The standard check-in time is at 3.00pm, and guests are to return the room keycards by 12 noon on the check-out day.


During the COVID-19 pandemic, checking in via SafeEntry should be done before going to the open-air reception area.

There's an iJooz vending machine that dispenses orange juice at S$2.00 per cup.

There's no need to register to use the swimming pool nearest to the reception area.

That particular swimming pool is called Bunker Pool.


I was assigned to a guest room on the second floor, which is the same floor as the reception area.



Each Deluxe Room is close to 45 square metres big.


Some Deluxe Rooms have got only a queen-sized bed, while others include an additional single bed.


I didn't use the safe deposit box, but I just noticed from the photo that it was unplugged.

I enjoyed the breathtaking view from the balcony.



If only I could have all those coconuts~
The bathroom is certainly not claustrophobic at all.


How much eco-friendlier are Ecogenesis toiletries, I wonder?

Are you team toilet roll or team bidet spray?
The keycard holder lists down the shuttle bus timings for your reference.



As the sun was out, I made my way to the Olympic-sized swimming pool located at the western end before heading out for dinner.


Too bad the children couldn't play there because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

As expected, the Fun Pool is really shallow.

I'm not a spa person. Are you?
I'm not sure about the maximum capacity of the Olympic-sized swimming pool during the Stabilisation Phase in 2021. Since it wasn't crowded at all, I could simply plunge into it after registering at the counter without having to pre-book a time slot.

I'm not sure if things have changed, but the pools were accessible from 7.00am to 10.00pm then.


Nearby are tennis and futsal courts.



Honestly, I can't remember when was the last time I played bowling.


There are quite a few restaurants at the country club, including Ban Heng and and Royal Palm.

I recall going to the outlet at HarbourFront Centre many years ago, which has now closed down.

It's not surprising that the country club is a sought-after venue for wedding receptions.

How much is too much money to spend for a wedding reception?

The grand ballroom, which can't be seen from the outside, can accommodate more than 1,000 people.

If you recall, I mentioned about the free shuttle bus service earlier. For your reference, the vehicle is blue in colour.



At first, it was an eerily peaceful night at the country club.

What's the wattage of those powerful flood lights?


The natural cacophony started later. I recorded the following from the balcony.


After a good night's sleep, I went to the gym first thing in the morning. In November 2021, the gym was operating from 7.00am to 10.30am. No more than 30 users were allowed at any one point of time.

Oh, how true!


Take a look at the dumbbells and spot the odd one out.


The very cheap room rate that I got didn't include breakfast. I did, however, have breakfast at Vanda Terrace that's located at the golf clubhouse.


How much do you drink in a week, if any? I've been trying to cut down lately.


The golf course can be seen in the distance.
I'd planned to go for a leisurely swim before checking out, but alas, it was raining pretty heavily the whole morning.


Look at what I encountered before leaving the premise.

Can you see the baby clinging to its mother?

The country club's lease was supposed to be expire in 2021, but the government granted an extension for another 9 years till 2030. It was mentioned that there wouldn't be any further extension after that.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Toronto Downtown